Monday 4 April 2016

Anouk's booklet


Following on from the concept and tradition that Anouk is a vintage doll form the 1960s, I have been working on a little booklet to accompany each doll. I'm sure all of you remember the great illustrations that featured dolls and outfits available, that accompanied such dolly luminaries as Sindy, Bild Lilli, Pippa, Barbie, Tammy, Tressy, etc.

I had to create some extra artwork and images to make enough pages. But, this has been an aspect of the process that has really been both enjoyable and therapeutic for me!

Once all the artwork was produced, it was time to find a printer and work with my graphic designer extraordinaire and longtime associate, Fokke Hoekman on the layout and text. It's still not finished but almost there!

The initial artwork. Some of it was done as concept art for the factory. Some more recently. I had great fun with this :-) The many faces of Anouk!








Then I needed to do some clean up and give the images a uniform look with blocked backgrounds and bold colours to evoke a 1960s, Mod era feel.







Then working on text, layouts etc with Fokke Hoekman. He is really a whizz, and I can highly recommend him for any design, graphic, layout work you might need!








We are still designing as we speak, but almost there. I am very happy with what we have achieved so far. I think it really does look vintage, and I hope to show you the final layout very soon :-)

Please Note: All the work in this post, and blog is protected by Copyright. It may not be reproduced, shared or blogged without prior permission from myself. Thank you for respecting this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.